If you’re planning on jetting off on an exciting Ski holiday, you want to ensure you’re getting the very best out of your trip. With a wide range of things to consider, we have put together our Top 10 things you need to know before booking your perfect ski holiday:
- October is the ideal time to book your ski holiday as you may find reduced prices with lots of added-value promotions such as lift passes and ski/board hire. With the value of the Pound at the moment, it is a good time to take advantage of the deals on the ski extras. Please call 01922 895286 for the most up to date offers.
- A great value for money option is Catered chalets or chalet-hotels, with many including breakfast, after-noon tea, excellent evening meals with wine and lots more!
- When booking at the start and end of the season, it is always a good idea to book a high altitude resort, as generally the higher the skiing, the better quality of snow. Our ski specialists are on hand to give you advice on which are the best areas to ski at Xmas/New Year and Easter time.
- Group bookings of mixed abilities or non-skiers are best suited a large ski area which is more likely to have lots of runs in each category i.e. blue, red or black, and has lots of other activities and things to see with lots of amenities such as a Spa. Our ski experts can guide you to the best resort and hotel.
- Christmas on the slopes is a real festive treat, with pretty villages & miles of snow Austria is a great choice. Likewise, over the New Year, many skiers prefer a really lively resort and there are many to choose from in Austria, Italy, Andorra, Switzerland and France.
- When skiing with a family it is often a good idea to choose a hotel or chalet near the slopes, with a ‘Ski-in and Ski-out’ location being the ideal choice. Our team can give you a choice of the best accommodations in these locations.
- New to skiing? It’s a good idea to try out some skiing or boarding at one of the many ski centres around the country, like the indoor snow centres in Tamworth, Milton Keynes or Manchester. If not, having a few hours at the nearby dry ski slope will give you more confidence on your holiday.
- For all skiers, having a suitable insurance policy is really important, please ask for advice in store or call 01922 895286 .
- It is a good idea to start a fitness course a few weeks before you go skiing. This will help build your strength and make you less likely to have a fall…..plus you will be able to ski longer and make the most of your lift pass!
- There are still some superb offers at February Half Term. Please call 01922 895286 for the latest prices.
For the latest ski offer please visit us online at Co-operative Ski.